Academic WorldQuest is a team competition testing students’ knowledge of global issues in the following categories:
- Current Events
- Great Decisions
- Peace and Conflict in Today’s World
- Combating Infectious Disease
- The European Union
- Countering Violent Extremism
- Global Megacities
- Women in Technology
The Alaska competition on Saturday, February 11th brings together over 120 high school students from around Alaska to test their knowledge of global affairs. Over 40 local World Affairs Councils host the competition across the country. The winning team from each local competition is invited to participate in the National Competition hosted in Washington, D.C. each April.
We invite you to join us for this amazing event and show your support for these dedicated students.
- 5:00pm to 5:30pm VIP reception for sponsors
- 5:30pm to 6:30pm General reception with students
- 6:30pm to 9:00pm 2017 Academic Student WorldQuest Competition
Teachers and Students must submit a completed application to participate in the local competition. Download the application here.
See the WorldQuest page for more information about the competition.
Adults can support the high school students in a number of ways:
- Sponsor a student, team, or school — make a donation online today!
- Attend the Student Reception and participate in the competition as part of an adult team for $50/person — up to 4 adults per team.
- Attend the Student Reception and observe the competition for $25/person.
Online registration has closed. There is space remaining for Adult Observers and Participants who wish to pay at the door. Please plan to join us at the Dena’ina Center at 5:00pm.
Online registration is now closed for this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 276-8038 to inquire about space.