2019 National World Affairs Council Conference
The WACA 2019 National Conference: The 8 Forces Reshaping the Global Economy will be held November 6-8, 2019 at The Mayflower Hotel. Please visit the official 2019 National Conference website to view the developing agenda, learn about Conference speakers, purchase tickets, and book your hotel.
WACA has secured a special group rate for 1 Deluxe Room: $269 per night (Single/Double Occupancy) plus tax at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington DC. This year, because we will hold our signature Ambassadors Luncheon on Wednesday, Nov. 6 – with former Secretary of State James A. Baker, III as our keynote speaker and honoree – we encourage you to set the start date of your reservations for Tuesday, Nov. 5. You won’t want to miss this luncheon! Click here to reserve your room!
Be sure to take advantage of individual Early-Bird discounts, good through September 6! We encourage Councils to promote the Conference locally and on social media. The WACA National Office would be happy to assist with your publicity.
The annual WACA Conference, taking place every autumn in our nation’s capital, brings World Affairs Council leaders and members together with top government officials, diplomats, business executives, innovators, journalists, experts, educators, students and interested citizens to convene and engage on the most pressing global issues and policy choices impacting our lives.
The benefits to attending the premier three-day world affairs event – in its fourth decade – include:
- Expert opinions, timely insights, and audience dialogue about the United States’ role in the world
- Access to extraordinary speakers, thought leaders, and ambassadors available for local Council programming
- Bipartisan, diverse, and inclusive perspectives on the issues
- Visits to think tanks and embassies; networking receptions and dinners
- Professional development, leadership training, mentoring, and peer-to-peer networking