Date(s) - Friday, October 11, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Add this event to my Google Calendar
Bear Tooth Theatre
*Due to high demand of the event, we have moved to Bear Tooth Theatrepub
Join Alaska World Affairs Council and Nancy Lindborg, President/CEO of the United States Institute of Peace, to discuss the global challenge of fragility and conflict, including a vision of the way forward. Lindborg’s remarks reflect a lifetime of working in the world’s most fragile regions and a time when the global humanitarian system is at a breaking point, with record numbers of people forcibly displaced globally.
Nancy Lindborg is the president and CEO of the United States Institute of Peace, an independent institution founded by Congress to provide practical solutions for preventing, mitigating, and resolving violent conflict around the world.
Prior to joining USIP, she served as the assistant administrator for the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) at USAID. From 2010 through early 2015, Ms. Lindborg led USAID teams focused on building resilience and democracy, managing and mitigating conflict and providing urgent humanitarian assistance.
Prior to joining USAID, Ms. Lindborg was president of Mercy Corps, where she spent 14 years helping to grow the organization into a globally respected organization known for innovative programs in the most challenging environments. She began her international career working overseas in Kazakhstan and Nepal; she has spent most of her career working in fragile and conflict affected regions around the world.
- Check-in will begin at 11:30am with seating available on a first-come first-serve basis. The program will begin at noon.
- Those with online reservations do not need to present ticket confirmation at the door, we will have all confirmed attendees on a list at check-in.
- Lunch is available for individual purchase directly from Bear Tooth Theatrepub. If you wish to order food, please come a few minutes early to ensure your meal arrives during the program.
- Students are asked to bring valid ID and will be presented a lunch voucher for a pizza buffet.
- Online registration closes at 6:00 pm on October 10. Tickets will be available for purchase at the door the next day, unless the program is sold out. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Online registration is now closed for this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 276-8038 to inquire about space.