Date(s) - Wednesday, February 3, 2021
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Add this event to my Google Calendar
Calling all high school students to join us for our first ever, all virtual edition of Academic WorldQuest Student Competition! This free event is a fun, fast-paced competition that tests students’ knowledge of current events, international relations, world history, and global cultures. This year, the top three winning teams will get the opportunity to advance to The World Affairs Council of America’s national competition in April. The winning team or individual will also receive a $400 cash prize and second place will win $100!
Who Can Play
All Alaskan high school students in grades 9-12 are welcome to join this competition. Students can compete individually or as team of up to 4 students. Thanks to the generous support of our donors, registration is free for all students.
- Teams (comprising of 1-4 students) must register their intent to participate by submitting an application online. Registration closes February 1st at 5pm.
- Two devices are recommended to participate in this event. We will set up Zoom breakout rooms for teams to discuss the questions before submitting their team answer. You will want one device to access the Zoom live event, and a second device to submit your answers on the trivia platform, CrowdPurr. Don’t worry, we will have a practice round to get familiar with the technology!
- If you do not have access to a second device, please contact Operations Director, Siobhan Choi, email@example.com.
- Let’s all have fun and play fair! Proctors will bounce around team breakout rooms to provide team accountability.
2021 WorldQuest Topics
- Global Protests
- Shifting Sands: The Arab Spring 10 Years On
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- The U.S. Foreign Service in the 21st Century
- Country in Focus: Uzbekistan
- Exploring Peace in a World of Conflict
- Fraying Alliances
- Looking to a Post-Pandemic Economy
- Current Events
- Use the official AWQ Study Guide to study!
- Divide and conquer the material amongst your teammates.
- Keep up-to-date on current events from around the world.
- Review the Academic WorldQuest guidelines and study materials.
- Read the articles listed in the study materials.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for 2021 AWQ
Interested in becoming a featured sponsor?
Please contact Operations Director, Siobhan Choi, firstname.lastname@example.org.