Date(s) - Thursday, January 16, 2020
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Add this event to my Google Calendar
Bear Tooth Theatre
What is it?
Academic Student WorldQuest is a student competition, featuring 5 rounds of 10 questions covering the official study guide released in September. Students make teams of 1-4 to test their international knowledge. AKWorld pays for the winning team + chaperone to compete in the National Competition in April in D.C.
This program is free for students thanks to our generous sponsors. AKWorld will be supplying a pizza lunch buffet for all participants, with awesome giveaways during the event, and a keynote speaker.
Thank you to the generous individuals at
for sponsoring Academic Student WorldQuest!
2020 WorldQuest Topics
- U.S.-Russia Relations
- Country in Focus: South Korea
- Preventing Extremism in Fragile States
- Oceans: The World‘s Garbage Dump
- Great Decisions
- Brexit and the EU
- China’s Belt & Road Initiative
- Germany: 30 Years After the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- Qatar and the Future of the Gulf Cooperation Council
- Current Events
- Teams (comprising of 1-4 students) must register their intent to participate by submitting an application online (registration opens Monday, October 28)
- Bussing will be available for Anchorage School District students thanks to our partnership with ASD. AKWorld staff will connect teams with a bussing coordinator once application is received.
- Check-in will begin at 8:30am and the competition will start at 9:30am.
- Student teams will be assigned tables in the main seating area of the theatre.
- Teachers, parents, and other members of the public are welcome to quietly observe the competition from the upstairs balcony area.
- A pizza buffet lunch will be provided for participating students and their chaperones.
The World Affairs Councils of America’s Study Guide is the primary resource to help students and teachers prepare for the topics covered in the timed question-and-answer rounds of the competition. The Study Guide is an essential resource for the Carlos and Malú Alvarez Academic WorldQuest National Competition, hosted by the World Affairs Councils of America every April in Washington, DC.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions!