Date(s) - Friday, September 22, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Add this event to my Google Calendar
49th State Brewing Company
Speaker – Dr. Mustafa El-Hawi
Dr. Mustafa El-Hawi is a Palestinian from Gaza city. He earned a BSc in civil engineering from Egypt in 1983 and his Masters degree and PhD in Environmental Management and Sustainable Development in 2004 from Manchester UK. Dr. El-Hawi’s field of expertise is the design and monitoring of community projects in the field of water and sanitation, agriculture and health in addition to community development projects. This includes follow up and monitoring reports, comprehensive evaluation, financial controlling, communication and leadership. For the past five years, Dr. El-Hawi has been was working with Save the Children – USA, Canada Fund and the EU to prepare needs assessments, concept papers, project proposals and evaluation projects.
Over the last 10 years, Dr. El-Hawi has also been involved in conflict resolution, mediation and nonviolence activities and reconciliation. Currently, Dr. El-Hawi works with the Alternative to Violence Project AVP in Palestine conducting training workshops for the university students, youth and teenagers in Gaza and the West Bank.
DOORS & DETAILS
- Lunch at this program will be available for individual order and purchase from 49th State Brewing Co.
- Doors will open at 11:30am and the program will begin at noon.
- Online registration closes Wednesday, September 20th at midnight. Remaining spaces will be sold at the door.
- High school and college students who register in advance receive complimentary admission and a voucher for a lunch item of their choosing thanks to the generous support of BP. Online pre-registration and presentation of a valid student ID at check-in is required to qualify.
- Teachers who would like to bring a group of students to this program must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907)276-8038 at least one week in advance to inquire about availability.
- Active-duty military personnel and their spouses who register in advance receive complimentary admission thanks to generous support from USO Alaska. Online pre-registration and presentation of a valid military ID at check-in is required to qualify.