Date(s) - Friday, October 20, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Add this event to my Google Calendar
49th State Brewing Company
Speaker – Ambassador John Negroponte
AT A GLANCE:
- Vice Chairman of McLarty Associates
- Former US Ambassador to Honduras, Mexico, the Philippines, the United Nations, and Iraq
- First Director of National Intelligence under President George W. Bush
- Served as Deputy Secretary of State
- J.B. and Maurice C. Shapiro Professor of International Affairs at George Washington University
John D. Negroponte, Vice Chairman, joined McLarty Associates in 2009, following a distinguished career in diplomacy and national security.
Ambassador Negroponte held government positions abroad and in Washington between 1960 and 1997 and again from 2001 to 2008.
He has been Ambassador to Honduras, Mexico, the Philippines, the United Nations, and Iraq. In Washington he served twice on the National Security Council staff, first as Director for Vietnam in the Nixon Administration and then as Deputy National Security Advisor under President Reagan. He has also held a cabinet level position as the first Director of National Intelligence under President George W. Bush. His most recent position in government was as Deputy Secretary of State, where he served as the State Department’s Chief Operating Officer.
While in the private sector from 1997 to 2001, Ambassador Negroponte was Executive Vice President of the McGraw-Hill Companies, with responsibility for overseeing the company’s international activities. During those years he was also Chairman of the French-American Foundation.
Ambassador Negroponte serves as Chairman Emeritus of the Council of the Americas/Americas Society. He is also co-chairman of the US-Philippines Society. He has also served as chairman of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance.
Ambassador Negroponte has received numerous awards in recognition of his more than four decades of public service, including the State Department’s Distinguished Service Medal on two separate occasions, the highest award which can be conferred by the Secretary of State, and on January 16, 2009, President Bush awarded Ambassador Negroponte the National Security Medal for his outstanding contributions to US national security.
DOORS & DETAILS
- Lunch at this program will be available for individual order and purchase from 49th State Brewing Co.
- Doors will open at 11:30am and the program will begin at noon.
- Online registration has closed. Remaining spaces will be sold at the door.
Complimentary parking is available in nearby EasyPark Alaska lots for individuals who preregister online to attend this program by the posted registration deadline above. Successful registrants will receive an email prior to the program with parking details. Thank you to EasyPark Alaska for partnering with us to make Downtown parking a breeze!
- High school and college students who register in advance receive complimentary admission and a voucher for a lunch item of their choosing thanks to the generous support of BP. Online pre-registration and presentation of a valid student ID at check-in is required to qualify.
- Teachers who would like to bring a group of students to this program must submit a request via the online form here at least one week in advance to inquire about availability. Questions should be directed to Deputy Director, Alyssa Bish.
- Active-duty military personnel and their spouses who register in advance receive complimentary admission thanks to generous support from USO Alaska. Online pre-registration and presentation of a valid military ID at check-in is required to qualify.
Online registration is now closed for this event. Please contact email@example.com or (907) 276-8038 to inquire about space.