Date(s) - Friday, November 3, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Add this event to my Google Calendar
Bear Tooth Theatre
Online registration has closed. Tickets are still available and will be sold at the door starting at 11:30am.
Katherine Jernstrom is the Cofounder and CEO of The Boardroom, has successfully built two companies, and supported the growth of dozens more through mentorship, board leadership, advisement, and funding.
Katherine grew up internationally, she has a BA from the University of Washington, an MPA from the University of Alaska Anchorage and is a graduate of Leadership Anchorage, a Pew Charitable Trusts program. She serves on the board of directors for the Launch:Alaska an energy-focused startup accelerator, Spirit of Youth, The Anchorage Downtown Partnership, the AEDC Live. Work. Play Steering Committee, and is an active Rotarian. At age 30, Katherine was named Top 40 Under 40 by the state-wide Alaska Journal of Commerce.
Featured Alaskan Entrepreneurs:
Nicholas Begich has nearly twenty years of business and information technology management experience, and has led and advised global development teams for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to venture-backed startups. He is the CEO and Founder of FarShore Partners, a custom software development firm; and co-founder of Dashfire, a start-up enabler assisting companies with business architecture and technology development. FarShore presently employs over 150 people around the world. Through Dashfire, Begich has invested in and helped to start over 40 technology-supported startups in the past several years. These firms have gone on to raise over $100MM in aggregate funding.
Nicholas was previously a Global Technology Manager with Ford Motor Company. He holds an MBA from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business with Concentrations in Information Technology and Decision Support Modeling and a BBA (Entrepreneurship) from Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business.
Ben Kellie is CEO of K2 Dronotics, a drone service company working to deploy drones across Alaska to increase safety, lower costs, and make new discoveries. Ben was raised as a bush pilot, trained as a mechanical engineer, and spent some time helping SpaceX launch and land rockets in Cape Canaveral. He is now obsessed with helping shape technological and economic future of Alaska.
Mary Miner is a co-founder of Atikus, a social enterprise that expands access to capital for micro, small and medium enterprises through institutionally-targeted solutions rooted in technology, data, and insurance. Prior to starting Atikus, Mary worked with CRAN Microfinance, a Kiva affiliate, in Cape Coast, Ghana. Mary has spent extensive time on the ground in multiple African markets, including Rwanda, Ghana, Morocco, and Egypt.
Mary recently took a position as the Community Development Manager of Alaska Growth Capital, supporting economic development, job growth and sustainable earnings throughout the Company’s territory. She serves on the board of directors of Launch Alaska, the state’s first energy-focused startup accelerator. Mary holds a BA in International Studies and a MS in Public Service Management, with a focus on microfinance, from DePaul University.
DOORS & DETAILS
- Lunch at this program will be available for individual order and purchase from Bear Tooth Theatre
- Doors will open at 11:30am and the program will begin at noon.
- Online registration has closed. Tickets are still available and will be sold at the door starting at 11:30am.
- High school and college students who register in advance receive complimentary admission and a voucher for a lunch item of their choosing thanks to the generous support of BP. Online pre-registration and presentation of a valid student ID at check-in is required to qualify.
- Teachers who would like to bring a group of students to this program must submit a request via the online form here at least one week in advance to inquire about availability. Questions should be directed to Deputy Director, Alyssa Bish.
- Active-duty military personnel and their spouses who register in advance receive complimentary admission. Online pre-registration and presentation of a valid military ID at check-in is required to qualify.
Online registration is now closed for this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 276-8038 to inquire about space.